Cacao Amaretti cookies



I have written many times, everywhere, that I am not a cookie lover. It might be difficult to be believe since I have been baking dozens of different cookies during the last three months. It is important to stress here that the term cookie is wrongly applied to all sorts of small, bite-size sweets and what I am referring to when I say that I am not crazy about cookies are sugar cookies, butter cookies, chocolate chips cookies, nuts cookies and fruit cookies even if I am crazy for almond cookies. I simply adore amaretti and basel brunsli. After some time writing about them here they are: amaretti, the traditional Italian almond cookie.



This recipe is a reduced version of a recipe I found on the blog Cream Puffs in Venice which is slightly different of the traditional recipe which uses only egg whites. This version also asks for chocolate powder which gives a special color to the cookies and a twist in the flavor. The recipe was pretty big and I decided to reduce it to try. I also made some changes as I used confectioners sugar instead of the regular sugar cubes and liquor instead of essence.



Cacao Amaretti

250 grams grounded almond
80 grams confectioners sugar
3 teaspoons chocolate powder
2 large eggs
1 table spoon of Disaronno almond liquor or almond essence
Sugar crystals to roll the cookies


Preheat the oven at 180C/350F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper or a silicone mat and reserve. Mix almond flour, sugar and chocolate. Mix eggs and liquor. Add eggs mixture to flour mixture and beat until incorporated. Use a teaspoon to make small ball and roll them on the crystals of sugar. Transfer to the prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes.

Makes 40 cookies



Disaronno, the traditional Italian almond liquor, is the perfect companion for a batch of amaretti. The liquor is good not only as a flavor to the cookie but can also be served with the cookies.

Comentários

Simone Izumi disse…
Eu também amo amaretti cookies! Costumava vender saquinhos deles quando eu tinha (um nada saudoso) quiosque de chocolates!!!
Os seus ficaram perfeitos!!!!
bjsss

Postagens mais visitadas