The 100 food you must eat, the quiz...




This is funny, it is a list of 100 food one must eat according to the blog Very Good Taste. It is very interesting list with some international, local, ethnic and trash stuff. I was quite confused by some of the names and didn't have the patience to check the dictionary to understand exactly what they were. I did quite well I think as we, Brazilians, are goat eaters.

I got this list from The Passionate Cook!

Voilá!



The originator of this "omnivore's 100" list suggests the following rules:

1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Optional extra: Post a comment linking to your results at:

http://www.verygoodtaste.co.uk/uncategorised/the-omnivores-hundred

Check your score...


The VGT Omnivore’s Hundred:

1. Venison, I live in Norway and even the salami is made of venison
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros, just eggs!
4. Steak tartare, i love raw meat
5. Crocodile actually it was aligator, can I mark it?

6. Black pudding
7. Cheese fondue, believe it or not it is a classic of the Brazilian winters, we have a swiss heart!
8. Carp
9. Borscht, I had a polish room mate once
10. Baba ghanoush, I adore aubergines (eggplants!)
11. Calamari, love it

12. Pho
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart, yeah, loads of then... They say in Rio that after midnight they will not kill you.
16. Epoisses
17. Black truffle, in some occasions, always with friends and garlic pasta,
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes, it was made of eple! Horriblly sweet.
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream, the best ice cream in the world. Even the bad ones are good
21. Heirloom tomatoes,
22. Fresh wild berries, I live in Norway, so...
23. Foie gras, Sure, a classic
24. Rice and beans, the number one Brazilian comfort food

25. Brawn, or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper
27. Dulce de leche, the love of my life
28. Oysters, fresh from the mangrove in Northeast Brazil, paid US 1, for 10.
29. Baklava, as I said, I love pistacchios and honey. Rio has some of the best Baklavas of the world.

30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder: they love it in Norway
33. Salted lassi
34. Sauerkraut
35. Root beer float
36. Cognac with a fat cigar, well, it was with a thin cigar...

37. Clotted cream tea
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O
39. Gumbo
40. Oxtail, typical dish in Brazil 'rabada' and it is part of the popular feijoada.
41. Curried goat, another typical animal dish of Brazil. It is people's daily source of protein

42. Whole insects
43. Phaal
44. Goat’s milk, the same, goat is a brazilian thing
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more, I was forced to try because it costed a fortune and was suppose to be good, nothing special, but I hate whisky

46. Fugu
47. Chicken tikka masala and hated it, a pure fire
48. Eel, makes a good sweet sushi

49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
52. Umeboshi
53. Abalone
54. Paneer
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal: guess I should try one of this days, I am faithful to Cheddar MacMelt,
56. Spaetzle
57. Dirty gin martini, who didn't?
58. Beer above 8% ABV
59. Poutine
60. Carob chips
61. S’mores
62. Sweetbreads, almost everyday
63. Kaolin
64. Currywurst
65. Durian
66. Frogs’ legs, it used to be a bar classic in Rio and São Paulo. We are culturally forced to tried.
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake, I love churros!

68. Haggis
69. Fried plantain, with rice and beans. Pure comfort!
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette
71. Gazpacho, i love spanish food.
72. Caviar and blini, I love buckwheat blini and I was luck to eat caviar when they were still available.

73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost, or brunost, the most polemic Norwegian food.
75. Roadkill
76. Baijiu
77. Hostess Fruit Pie, I had one just last week
78. Snail, this is something that disgusts me
79. Lapsang souchong
80. Bellini, yes, sure, not anymore
81. Tom yum
82. Eggs Benedict, just egg!
83. Pocky
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant, not yet.
85. Kobe beef
86. Hare
87. Goulash, it is one of those international dishes that have hit hard the Brazilian taste
88. Flowers, I love nasturiums in my salad
89. Horse, is a classic salami in Norway, but I actually avoid
90. Criollo chocolate: A friend brought me from Mexico.

91. Spam
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa
94. Catfish, yes.
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox
97. Lobster Thermidor, Maria Theresa Weiss, I love you
98. Polenta, fried with parmesan cheese on top in the bars of São Paulo
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee, so much excitement for nothing

100. Snake

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas